Coronavirus - Our safer travel pledge
Last updated 18 September
We’re pleased to welcome customers to travel on our trains and we want to reassure you that safeguarding your health is our top priority at Stansted Express. Whatever your reason for travelling, our aim is to provide you with a safe, healthy, enjoyable journey.
The health and wellbeing of our passengers and staff is our top priority. If you have to travel, we want to ensure that you are able to do so safely and with confidence. This is our safer travel pledge to you.
Your safety is important to us. This is our safer travel pledge.
What are we doing?
- Maximising space
- Running more trains and carriages to make extra room and help with social distancing
- New social distancing signs on trains and stations to help you get around safely
- Designing our timetables to maximise services at the busiest stations and times of day and to reduce delays
- Boosting Cleaning
- We’re cleaning high-touch areas in our stations and on our trains more frequently and we’re using powerful anti-viral cleaning products to give added protection.
- Helping with hygiene
- Replenishing soap in our stations and trains more frequently
- Installing hand sanitiser points at all of our stations.
- Sign up for service alerts that let you if there is crowding or disruption on your journey before you travel – sign up at nationalrail.co.uk
- Plan your next journey to or from Stansted Airport with our less busy trains tool before deciding which train to catch.
- We’re helping people who need assisted travel, you can find contact information here.
What can you do?
- Book online in advance
- Avoid busy times - Travel at quieter times and keep your distance wherever possible
- Wash your hands – Carry hand sanitiser and wash your hands before and after your journey
- Bring a face covering– Make sure you wear a face covering through your journey at the station and on the train unless you are exempt - find out about face coverings more here.
- Check before you travel – Read our journey planning page.
You can find out more about what we’re doing to keep you safe.
Hey you. Don't want to miss out on our exclusive offers?
Get our newsletter and be the first to hear about special promotions, latest updates and competitions (you'll receive cool stuff, promise)