The health and wellbeing of our passengers and staff is our top priority. If you have to travel, we want to ensure that you are able to do so safely and with confidence. This is our safer travel pledge to you.
What are we doing?
- Maximising space
- Running more trains and carriages to make extra room and help with social distancing
- New social distancing signs on trains and stations to help you get around safely
- Designing our timetables to maximise services at the busiest stations and times of day and to reduce delays
- Boosting Cleaning
- Cleaning trains and stations - 14,000 carriages and 2,500 stations - more frequently
- Using powerful anti-viral cleaning products to give added protection
- Helping with hygiene
- Replenishing soap in our stations and trains more frequently
- Installing hand sanitiser points in over 300 stations and vending machines in over 150 stations that sell face coverings and sanitiser
- Improving information
- Launching a new service that alerts you to crowding and disruption on your journey before you travel – sign up at www.nationalrail.co.uk
- Having up to 2,500 extra people available as necessary at key locations to answer your questions or concerns so you can get on your way
What can you do?
- Book online in advance
- Avoid busy times - Travel at quieter times and keep your distance wherever possible
- Wash your hands – Carry hand sanitiser and wash your hands before and after your journey
- Bring a face covering– Make sure you wear a face covering through your journey unless you are exempt - find out more here
- Check before you travel – Plan ahead by clicking here
You can find out more about what we’re doing to keep you safe here.