Updated 14 March 2022
The UK government has removed Coronavirus restrictions in England.
Leaving the UK?
Please check the check the testing and quarantine rules for the country you’re going to before you travel.
Travelling to the UK?
Travelling to Central London is now quicker and easier as the UK government has lifted coronavirus restrictions for travelling to England.
Travelling with Stansted Express
Here are a few simple things you can do to reduce the risk of catching and spreading the Coronavirus:
- Avoid travelling on public transport if you're unwell or have symptoms of Coronavirus
- Wear a face covering to protect yourself and others when on busy trains or stations
- Wash or sanitise your hands regularly
- Follow the Government’s advice on living safely with Covid-19
We’d like you to carry on wearing a face covering if you can when you’re on busy trains and stations, please. Government advice is still to wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed places. Thank you to all our customers who wear their face coverings when travelling with us. It’s a simple way for us all to keep each other safe.
For full information on the latest face coverings advice, visit the Government's website.
The usual staffed stations, continue to have our colleagues present and will be available to help with questions and concerns you have. You will find them at ticket offices, and on platforms, as well as customer service offices where available.
Help points are also available at non staffed stations or you can use the assistance button on our ticket machines to talk to one of our colleagues.
Cleaning and hygiene
- We're cleaning and sanitising our trains and stations, paying particular attention to high touch areas such as push buttons, door handles and grab rails.
- We're keeping soap and water topped up in our toilets on stations and trains so you can wash your hands.
- We're carrying out turnaround cleaning inside trains at terminus stations throughout the day. This includes high touch point areas such as grab rails and washroom surfaces.
- We’re using fogging guns with a fine mist of disinfectant for train cleaning in depots.
- Hand sanitisers are available at all staffed stations, but we encourage you to always carry your own.
- Trains with air conditioning suck in fresh air every six to nine minutes.
- Doors can open at every station.
- Older trains without air conditioning have windows you can open for increased ventilation.
Before you travel
- Try to stay at home and avoid using public transport if you have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- It’s safe to travel on busy trains, but if you prefer a quieter train you can use this less busy trains tool for help with finding trains with fewer passengers.
- Follow all Government and NHS hygiene guidance.
- Wash or sanitise your hands. There is liquid soap available at all our staffed stations and on-train toilets. Hand sanitiser is available at all our staffed stations which have a ticket office. Please bring your own hand sanitiser if it isn’t available at your station.
- Wear a face covering on busy trains and stations to protect each other from viruses and as a courtesy to others.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze and throw tissues in the bin.
- Please put all rubbish in bins so that our cleaners can spend more time cleaning than litter-picking. If you’re wearing a face mask, please don’t discard them on the train or at our stations.
To make sure that our staff can give you the best service and notify you if there is anything that will affect your journey we recommend booking assistance in advance at least 2 hours before your journey.
Sometimes it may not be possible to book in advance, in which case assistance will be available from station staff.
Our Assisted Travel Team operates 24h a day, 7 days a week. For information and booking use any of the following methods.
- Tel: 0800 028 2878 (free from landlines & mobiles)
- Text Type: 18001 0800 028 2878
- Tel: 0345 600 7245 (Option 4) or +44 345 600 7245 from outside the UK
- Email: email@example.com (Information Only)
- The Passenger Assist by Transreport App, is the new App for disabled people and their companions to request assistance for rail travel in Great Britain. Available for Android and Apple devices.
- Through our assisted travel contact form
Hey you. Don't want to miss out on our exclusive offers?
Get our newsletter and be the first to hear about special promotions, latest updates and competitions (you'll receive cool stuff, promise)